- President to send New Year message to Governors, Lt. Governors today
- NKN Ideathon-2017
- Amrita University to make online classrooms interactive
- New IITs have better faculty-Student Ratio
- Demonetisation HRD ministry's push to digital inclusion, involving youth
- India to become the world leader in Digital Health
- Meghalaya Guv concerned on growing disparity between rich and poor in NE states
- BRICS Biomed centres to be set up in 4 Indian cities
- New NKN international network to boost EU-India collaboration
- National Knowledge Network to enable collaborative research among institutes
NKN is a state-of-the-art Pan-India network and is a revolutionary step towards creating a knowledge society without boundaries. It will provide unprecedented benefits to the knowledge community and mankind at large.
Using NKN, all vibrant institutions with vision and passion will be able to transcend space and time limitations in accessing information and knowledge ...
In March 2010, the Cabinet Committee on Infrastructure (CCI) approved the establishment of the National Knowledge Network (NKN) at an outlay of Rs 5990 Crore, to be implemented by NIC over a period of 10 years.
Establishing NKN is a significant step towards ushering in a knowledge
NKN is designed to provide high availability, Quality of Service, security and reliability. The purpose of NKN goes to the very core of the country's quest for building quality institutions with requisite research facilities and to create a pool of highly trained professionals.
The participating institutions at the edge would seamlessly connect to NKN